Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

All day blogging time!

OK maybe that's not the appropriate way to look at Tisha B'av, but nonetheless, I am taking the whole day off. What better opportunity to blog?

In the spirit of the day, here's a briefly serious thought: Why is my apartment on reduced power?????

Nope I guess that wasn't the appropriate Tisha B'av spirit. Let's try again.

Why is my building's elevator not working???

OK one more time:

So I've been asking myself all day whether I really mourn the destruction of the Beis Hamikdash. I guess the answer is probably not; I think it's hard to mourn or miss a lifestyle that is so foreign from my own. I guess the living in Israel part would be nice. Otherwise, I don't know. I kind of like the way my life is right now, and presumably there's some kind of benefit/ Torah value in that as well.

And on a different note, here's a stupid thought from me about the heat wave:

"It's almost a hundred degrees outside. That's hot enough for water to boil!"

(Comes from being a very confused American scientist)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home